Prof. Dr. Serdar Baki Albayrak, especially brain tumors, brain bubbles (aneurysms) and tangles of blood vessels in the brain (AVM kaverno search) in addition to treatment by microsurgical methods, movement disorders (Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor and dystonia) and surgical treatment of refractory epilepsy is often applied. He also has experience in all areas of general neurosurgery. Albayrak also has a large number of patients in the treatment of brain and neck hernias.
He also has extensive experience in the field of pediatric neurosurgery, especially in the treatment of complicated childhood brain tumors and spina bifida microsurgery.
He has hundreds of international patients. Albayrak has treated patients from 48 countries of the world so far.
In addition to his intensive surgical activities, he is also actively pursuing innovative medical practices (medical innovation). Neurosurgical operations Dr. Albayrak performs;
- Brain tumors
- Spinal cord and spine tumors
- Arteriovenos malformations
- Arteriovenous fistulas
- Epilepsy surgery (Selective amygdala-hippocampectomy)
- Epilepsy surgery (Vagal nerve stimulation, VNS)
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery for Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia
- Pain surgery (Spinal cord neurostimulator implantation)
- Spasticity surgery (Baclofen pump implantation)
- Spasticity surgery (Selective dorsal rhizotomy)
- Spina bifida surgery
- Tethered cord surgery
- Trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharngeal neuralgia, facial hemispasm ((Microvascular decompression surgery)
- Cervical, thoracal, lumbar microdiscectomy
- Spondylolistesis, spinal fractures/instability correction/fixation and fusion
- Odontoid fracture anterior screwing
- Peripheral nerve surgery (i.e,brachial plexus, entrapment neuropathies- carpal, cubital, tarsal tunnel syndrome)
What is pain surgery? Pain is a physiological response to noxious stimuli and part of the body’s self defence mechanism.... View Article